Setting the Standard: How to Promote Employee Attitude and Behavior
Dave Melton has learned the importance of setting standards for the employees at his Domino's locations. He starts by ensuring that employees know what's expected of them on the job. For example, are they willing to work Fridays until 2:00am?
"At my franchise, all team members receive a document we call the '30 Day Expectations for New Team Members,'" says Melton. "It tells them succinctly what we expect their skill level to be after 30 days on the job." He says if an employee has trouble understanding anything a peer mentor or manager will be there to help. As a result, says Melton, the simple '30 List' has helped make jobs less daunting and mysterious.
Try adapting some of this list to your operation.
Delivery Team Member Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable of boundaries and map of delivery area.
- Be capable of professional interaction with the customer.
- Be able to delight the customer, and demonstrate that you know how to resolve a customer concern.
- Be in perfect uniform and ready to work at scheduled time.
- Remember to dispatch/check-in 100 percent of the time.
- Perform safe deliveries 100 percent of the time.
- No riding on the sidewalk. Always wear a helmet.
- Use Heightened Time Awareness (HTA). Call times out/in.
- Make drops after each run, always have enough change.
- Maintain your bicycle in safe and good working condition.
- Have the Domino's picture ID and logo with number on bike.
- Stay busy, help around store, and keep all areas clean and neat.
General Team Member Responsibilities
- Know our menu, our pricing, our current offers, and our current TV advertising.
- Be able to implement the 2-minute drill.
- Demonstrate how to set up the three-compartment sink.
- Demonstrate how to properly wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes.
- Attach box-top fliers and fold boxes.
- Know the location of the MSDS forms.
- Know the Domino's Pizza Product & Service Guarantee.
- Demonstrate how to make breadsticks.
- Demonstrate how to sauce and box Buffalo Wings.
- Know all the topping codes.
- Demonstrate how to top single and double portion pizzas.
- Be able to properly post slips.
- Know the arrangement of stock in the walk-in cooler, how to rotate stock, and how to identify what stock to use next.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Sponsored Articles