Technomic Study Explores How Technology Is Transforming Foodservice
A new survey and report from Technomic offers unique insight into how the foodservice industry is using technology and provides a look at emerging trends in the restaurant technology space.
“The report uncovers the current landscape of technology use in restaurants, identifies operator plans and priorities for future investment, and provides more clarity on the factors that are accelerating or, in some cases, hindering deeper integration of technology into restaurant operations,” explains Melissa Wilson, principal at Technomic. “As the Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated transformation in foodservice, technology is now an elevated operator priority with substantial opportunity for innovation.”
The 2020 report highlights the impact of Covid-19 on the channel, technology spending and usage, and third-party delivery. It also includes innovation and performance for point-of-sale, front-of-house, and back-of-house systems.
Key findings from the report include:
- 68% of chain operators surveyed believe their technology spend will either somewhat or significantly increase in the next few years
- 51% of operators surveyed already have contactless payment, while 31% plan on implementing contactless payment
- 67% of operators surveyed get information online when deciding about what technology systems to purchase
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories