Management Synergy And Teamwork
Effective teamwork is imperative to running a productive and strong performing multi-unit franchise operation. But this can be impacted greatly by a global pandemic like Covid-19. The cracks may not show in the normal day-to-day areas with direct employees and staff but can show up where teamwork is vital.
As a multi-unit franchisee, it is up to you to set the standard and tone for what management synergy and teamwork look like. I call it management synergy and teamwork. You must lead by example and ensure you are being effective in your own management by communicating your expectations, while also emphasizing your vision of the business. In times where there are unknowns and uncertainties, your "team" has so many other personal and self-interest things on their minds.
Here are some of the key questions we discuss with business owners who are experiencing symptoms of a management synergy and teamwork challenge:
- Q. What can I do to enhance teamwork among departments and locations?
- A: Many avenues to take here. First you have to start with recruiting and retaining the right people, building a strong bench of talent, and leading by example to empower team collaboration.
- Q: How can I create a forum for collaboration among key managers and leaders?
- A: First thing to remember here is that not every collaborative team decision has to be built on consensus. This is one key thing that typically gets lost as a lack of consensus is feared to be conflict. In fact, the best collaboration often comes from a variety of ideas.
- Q: How do I gauge whether or not I am a solid role model for collaboration and teamwork?
- A: The short answer here is to look at your culture and determine if it fits your vision. If not, then you have not done a good job of letting your teams, employees, and others know what your vision is. Communicate and share the vision of your business often. Include your people in decision making and allow space for collaboration, even if you do not have the consensus.
These are some of the core areas multi-unit franchisees should be focused on all the time. But in the current environment of Covid-19, these areas are even more critical to ensure you are keeping your business thriving, while also building value. Download our management synergy and teamwork workbook for more details to help you navigate the current environment.
The core of your business and why you are in business can get lost in the fray when everyone is worried about themselves and their families. Lead by example and build or enhance your culture to a place where people want to work and stay!
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories