Reminder...Customers Still Use the Phone
Let's review a few fundamentals of a great phone experience.
- Publish your phone number on your website and anywhere else it makes sense. Be easy to find.
- Have a real person answer the phone.
- If you don't have a real person answering, then create an automated menu that makes sense for the customer. Make the first option the one that correlates to the #1 reason for customer calls. Offer no more than four menu options. Once they have chosen an option, give them a real person and not another menu.
- Have the real person answer with a short understandable greeting. The best option is, "Company name, this is Lisa." Lift your tone of voice at the end to imply it is now time for the customer to speak. Many greetings are too long, "Good morning, this is Best Company. My name is Lisa. How can I help you?" On paper, that sounds good but in reality the employee rushes it so much that is becomes one long word and difficult to understand.
- If you asked for information such as an account number via the keypad, don't ask for it again. You will only get "attitude" from the customer when they have to repeat it.
- Make certain a competent, trained, and empowered person is taking the call. Scripts are irritating. Customers want real and sincere.
With that being said, call your company to learn what your customer experiences. Then work to make it better... fast.
Published: December 25th, 2014
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Sponsored Articles
Panchero's is a quick-serve, fresh-Mexican franchise founded in 1992, famous for serving tortillas pressed fresh right before its customers' eyes...
SiempreTax+ is a low-investment tax franchise opportunity. SiempreTax+ specializes in tax return preparation for individuals and small businesses in...
Since 1941 Dickey's Barbecue Pit® has been treating customers to great tasting barbecue and has become a restaurant icon in the process! Now you can...