Social Media: Choosing the Best Platform
Choosing the best social media platform or channel to reach your target audience can be challenging, as both the technologies and your customers continue to evolve. This list of the top five, ranked by unique monthly visitors, along with their strengths and weaknesses in relation to your goals, provides some guidance in sorting out your options and choosing where to focus your digital resources.
- To avoid conflicting brand messages, franchisees are well served with centralized social media management.
- Franchisees may benefit from hiring a consultant to manage social media across several platforms and units. This service is often more cost-effective than handling it in-house because the sites change their rules frequently, which requires an expert. Also, missteps in handling customer issues at one location or unit can affect all units.
- All franchisees owe a duty to the franchisor to ensure that posts are brand compliant and supportive. This is good for all franchises and the brand overall.
- Remember that your employees see your social media content, too. It can be a great way to shine a light on exemplary employees. Their friends and family will reward you with Likes!
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units